Lemke, Gerald “Jerry” George Age 63, of Jenison, passed away peacefully, surrounded by his family, on Saturday, January 3, 2015.
A memorial service will be held on Thursday 11 AM at Matthysse-Kuiper-DeGraaf Funeral Home (Grandville) 4145 Chicago Drive SW, Grandville, MI 49418-1203
(616) 534-8656, with Rev. Dr. Scott Sommerfeld officiating. Relatives and friends may meet the family Wednesday from 4-8 PM at the funeral home.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made online at injuredsoldiers.org. or mailed to: Operation Injured Soldiers, 22645 Pontiac Trail, South Lyon, MI 48178 Condolences may be sent online at www.mkdfuneralhome.com
Jerry was our coordinator for all of the Michigan State Home games and had a tailgate party for each home game for our veterans. Jerry was also our Western Michigan Event coordinator, representing Operation Injured Soldiers at all of the shows, speaking events and any event in the Grand Rapids area, where he could help veterans. Jerry also helped out where ever he could, at any of our events.
OIS has lost a great friend who gave his all for veterans. Jerry, you will be greatly missed by everyone. RIP my friend, we will keep your legacy alive!
YOU SACRIFICED. NOW LET US GIVE SOMETHING BACK.
At Operation Injured Soldiers, we treat veterans as individuals, working to provide unique opportunities and experiences that are tailored to your needs and your family.
• Hunting and Fishing Trips — Veterans enjoy the outdoors with the opportunity to hunt wild game or fish.
• Transportation and Lodging is provided for Veterans travelling long distances.
• Corporate and Individuals provide opportunities of land use/ranches for Veterans to “Return to the Wild”.
• Sporting and Racing Events for you and usually for your immediate family.
• Weekend get-a-ways for the family.
• Scenic or natural sightseeing trips.